Friday, August 28, 2009
Clint Mansell
Today, I added a song to my blog. Now, I listen to a wide array of music, but one of my most favorite genres is soundtrack. The song I have added is "Lux Aterna" composed by Clint Mansell. This song is the main title for the movie Requiem for a Dream. Requiem for a Dream was directed by Darren Aronofsky. Aronofsky is known for his innovative visual techniques. Requiem for a Dream is nothing short of an Aronofsky masterpiece. I won't go into details (you should watch the movie for yourself), but the movie is basically about drugs and how they can ruin lives. Anyway, Clint Mansell does a superb job linking Aronofsky's vivid visual effects with the soundtrack. This song is a fine example of how Mansell uses layering to accent the downward spiral that is the plot. I believe everyone should watch this movie, but viewer be warned, it's kind of graphic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mansell is one of our great composers - his soundtrack for "The Fountain" is pretty money as well - if you have not already, check that film out: DA at his visual finest - btw: you talk about Mansell using layering in his music, think about the visual layering used by DA in his films
ReplyDelete