Just about everyone went home for Thanksgiving break, including me. It is nice to visit with relatives and old friends, but after a while, I'm ready to go back to school. While back home for break I've worked everyday (I've got to save money for books next semester!). I do enjoy the opportunity to make some money, but I must say I'm rather fed up with the recent Kroger shoppers. I work in the delicatessen (no, that's not me in the picture) and I get some damn rude customers. Lucky for them, I keep my cool. You might be surprised at how offended customers get if you cut just 0.03 more turkey than they requested. It really is a guessing game when you are slicing the meat. And it's not like I can't take some off. Anyways, I'm changing my definition of home from my parents' home in Westfield to my cozy little dorm in Muncie.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Home?
Just about everyone went home for Thanksgiving break, including me. It is nice to visit with relatives and old friends, but after a while, I'm ready to go back to school. While back home for break I've worked everyday (I've got to save money for books next semester!). I do enjoy the opportunity to make some money, but I must say I'm rather fed up with the recent Kroger shoppers. I work in the delicatessen (no, that's not me in the picture) and I get some damn rude customers. Lucky for them, I keep my cool. You might be surprised at how offended customers get if you cut just 0.03 more turkey than they requested. It really is a guessing game when you are slicing the meat. And it's not like I can't take some off. Anyways, I'm changing my definition of home from my parents' home in Westfield to my cozy little dorm in Muncie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I actually want to stay home. It's nice being around friends I left behind and seeing the ones that come home from their colleges. Although they're going back so I guess i wouldn't see them anyway. It's still nice having my own bed again.
ReplyDeletei agree. when i say i'm goin home i am referring to stu east in my room haha
ReplyDeleteI used to work at Kroger myself...they do get kind of nuts. Some shoppers don't understand what it's like to be the employee. The customer is not always right.
ReplyDelete