Sunday, November 29, 2009

Argument

For my argument observation I observed my Aunt confront her husband about who gets to carve the turkey. My Uncle, a Vietnam war veteran, was convinced it is the man's job to carve the Thanksgiving turkey. This wasn't an intense argument. It was more like a comical debate. It was funny listening to my Aunt call my Uncle an old, southern sexist. They ignored the fact that it is tradition that he carves it. He's been doing it for twenty five years or so. My Aunt didn't really effectively combat his reasoning. She just argued for the sake of argument. I don't think she actually wanted to carve it, I think she just wanted to argue. In the end, my Uncle was victorious.

1 comment:

  1. Those people are my favorite. The ones that don't care what they're arguing about as long as they're arguing.

    ReplyDelete